In order to support TeamSeas⌗
Being a big fan of platformer, I made one, starting on my entry half-way trough November.
An interesting take on water⌗
The game’s pretty simple, you can move around, jump, and ground-pound. I didn’t really knew how to make water physics, so I simply reversed the gravity when the player’s underwater. This is actually an interesting mechanic, allowing the player to be very in control of it’s vertical movement ( in addition to the ground-pound ).
There’s 6 levels, with 3 different themes, and also a handfull of collectibles :
- You gain a medal if you beat a level quickly enough
- and another one if you eliminate every enemy and clean all the trash
It also has been tested on live ! ( at approximatively 6 hours and 57 minutes )
Overflown is freely available for Linux, MacOS and Windows on itch.io.
- Overworld : Kevin MacLeod - Itty Bitty 8 Bit
- Level 1 & 6 : Jeremy Blake - Powerup
- Level 2 & 5 : Quincas Moreira - Robot City
- Level 3 & 4 : Kubbi - Up In My Jam
- Intro and ending : The Whole Other - 8-Bit Dreamscape
All are generated using JSFXR